Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why would my car only leak oil after a 30 mile drive?

It has never leaked oil before this, and it still doesnt leak any now. But, after a 30 mile drive doing 65-70 the whole way...there was an oil spot on the driveway. What would cause this?Why would my car only leak oil after a 30 mile drive?
Please check the oil filter and oil drian plug. If they are loose it will leak some oil. I do my oil change and some time this happens and i just tighten these two items and leak stops.


Also if your vehicle is older than try using high mileage oil like ';valvoline Max life'; or ';Castrol / Penzoil High mileage';. As these oil has special additive and sealent, which on long term will stop leak. Just watch your garage floor meanwhile and add sufficient oil to compensate the loss.


Hope this work and all the best :-)Why would my car only leak oil after a 30 mile drive?
The only way you will know for sure where the car is leaking oil is to raise the car and look under it.(use safety stands) The reason your car is leaking oil after a 30 mile drive is your oil becomes hot and thin after the engine warms up, this lets the oil leak out of broken or bad seals. Here is where I would look, first check Valve cover, is oil leaking down the side of your engine? then oil pan seal and plug, is oil leaking from either of these? On my Toyota Camry a rubber oil line cracked and was leaking oil down the back of my engine. If you will look I am sure you can find the leak.--http://u39.biz/

No comments:

Post a Comment