Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have a question about an oil leak in my car?

My car is a 90 VW Golf and there is an oil leak. What kinds of problems are associated with an oil leak and how expensive are they to repair. I want to have a heads up when I take it to the mechanic.I have a question about an oil leak in my car?
A tired engine... How many miles are on the car?I have a question about an oil leak in my car?
gaskets and seals get old and leak, That's it. Can't blame your boyfriend or a full moon. After 18 years, that's not too bad. Leaking oil can be messy and wasteful, but if it is leaking on the exhaust manifold it can catch fire. If it leaks on the clutch that can slip and wear out quicker than normal. It leave spots on the ground and all these goody-0goodies hate at you for it. They'll get theirs. Sooner or later you need to get it fixed. If you go for smog test and they see oil leaks they're supposed to flunk you.
since you have an older car its normal for there to be a minor oil leak, i have a car that is a 91 and it has a small oil leak, what you should do is check the oil often and if the dipstick shows add oil than do so, just make sure you are using the appropriate oil. best of luck!
depends on where its leaking from could be as easy as a loose oil filter to a rear main seal hard to say if you dont know where its coming from

No comments:

Post a Comment