Saturday, December 26, 2009

If I fix my car's oil leak, can I then put synthetic oil in the car?

I have a 1999 Honda Accord V6 Coupe with 150K. It has an oil leak that is not too big.





I plan on replacing all the seals on the motor to get rid of the leak. If I do this and succeed, can I put synthetic in the car worry-free?If I fix my car's oil leak, can I then put synthetic oil in the car?
this should not be a problem as long as you remove all of the old mineral oilIf I fix my car's oil leak, can I then put synthetic oil in the car?
what most people don't know is that the synthetic molecule is physically smaller than the natural oil molecule. seals these days are used for natural oil and unless is specifies that the seal is for synthetic oil, then it will seep on you, then lead to a leak. i'm not saying don't use synthetic, you can if you wish. just be prepared for the higher technology oil finding it's way past the seal
Of course - if you insist.


Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the synthetic at this stage of the engine - I'd just go with a high quality oil and regular maintenance - after all, it's done pretty well up to the 150,000 mile mark, hasn't it?
yes you can





make sue you have everything new


and you will be fine





just make sure you have at least 80,000 miles on the engine


before you switch to fully synthetic and once you switch you can never go back
ya you can go for it. h*ll you can put in right now evan with the leak
Sure. Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment