Friday, December 18, 2009

Is an oil leak a sign of me needing an oil change?

I plan on getting an oil change next week, but lately I have been seeing very small puddles of oil (like the size of a cookie, over night). Also, I recently made a 600 mile trip (this past weekend) and since then I have been noticin' the oil.





Any advice on what might be going on?





Its a 1991 Ford Explorer 4WD (it that means anything)Is an oil leak a sign of me needing an oil change?
It means you have something leaking and need to get it checked out to see what it is, either a bad gasket or oil seal has gone bad more than likely.Is an oil leak a sign of me needing an oil change?
Changing the oil does not stop oil from leaking. Changing the gasket that keeps the oil from leaking stops the leak. That sounds like a lot of oil to me. The shop can examine the car and tell you what part is leaking. Use a reputable shop, not Jiffy Lube, or you'll get sold a lot of stuff you don't need, then drive off without the problem solved.
An oil leak does not mean you need oil change.Given the year


of your vehicle I would say you have a main seal leaking. Can be


a costly repair.Oil leaking is signs that seals and or gaskits are


old and hard and deteriating.
-More likely, it's a ';sign'; that you need to take your Car to a Mechanic to have it ';checked out...'; You're car is 18 years old now... %26amp; it's GOING to start having a LOT of things wrong with it... ... . :(
no they didnt put put the oil filter on right or didnt close where oil comes from .

No comments:

Post a Comment