Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Saab is a 2000 and it had an oil leak. When I say died on me it wouldn't start back up until jumped it.

It just knocks real loud like a lifter or something. I had it towed home. I owe 7900 on it is it worth fixing?My Saab is a 2000 and it had an oil leak. When I say died on me it wouldn't start back up until jumped it.
ANY SAAB VEHICLE IS ALWAYS EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR BUT HAVE YOU LOCAL AUTOMOTIVE INDEPENDENT SHOP AT LEAST LOOK AT IT.My Saab is a 2000 and it had an oil leak. When I say died on me it wouldn't start back up until jumped it.
Well did your car die on you while driving? If so and the ';knocking'; noise is excessively loud, then you might have spun a main bearing on the crankshaft. If this is the case there is alot of work to be done, and with the money you still owe on the vehicle I would suggest you find someone who knows what they're doing mechanically to swap an engine. Saab parts are not cheap and I can only imagine what a engine would cost for it. Depending on where you live, you might be lucky and find a descent engine at a salvage yard. If this noise is minor however, then it could be something as simple as a bad lifter or broken valve spring.
ABSOLUTELY!! fix it. you can replace the motor if you have to! the battery or the alternator are bad. it is probably just making a noise because the oil is low!


ps i am a mechanic

No comments:

Post a Comment