Thursday, January 7, 2010

I picked up a new car for my wife today and noticed it has a oil leak?

the garage is going to have a look at it on monday should i worry or is it normally a simple fix?I picked up a new car for my wife today and noticed it has a oil leak?
I've never heard of an oil leak on a brand new car. What is the make and model? If it was a used car, they usually change the oil before they sell it. Could be a major problem or perhaps the oil filter isn't tightened properly.I picked up a new car for my wife today and noticed it has a oil leak?
Find out the cause before freaking out. It could be as simple as a loose oil filter or drain plug. Good thing you covet it right away though. Also give the place a chance to fix it before making a fuss. I know it's annoying but it happens so if they are willing to make it good, give them that much.
If you want to drive it for the weekend keep an eye on the oil level, and oil pressure. If it's a used car and it's not a HUGE amount of oil then it may or may not be a real problem depending on where it's leaking from.
It depends on where the oil is leaking from as to how difficult it is to fix. If you are driving it over the week end I advise that you keep a close eye on the oil level just in case.
If this is a brand new car it is most likely that something like an oil drain plug or oil filter has not been tightened properly. I would not worry unless your garage thinks that the car has been running with low oil for some time.
Your first mistake was to buy your wife a new car.
A new car...or new to you...is the question you need to answer for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment