Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have a major oil leak! How do I fix, and what was cause?

An oil line connecting underneath, to same housing part for my oil filter? PLEASE HELP!!!I have a major oil leak! How do I fix, and what was cause?
you might just have to tighten the oil filter or plug.I have a major oil leak! How do I fix, and what was cause?
You will definately have to fix that,a replacement pipe is easiest.dont drive till its fixed otherwise engine will blow.
there is a gasket and o-ring where the adapter bolts to the block. I have seen the o-ring get old and break a lot of times. you do need to clean it and make sure that is where it is coming from. if so, just remove oil filter and 2 bolts underneath to get to o-ring.
Year make and model would be helpful.


What your describing sounds like an oil cooler line and having them leak at the oil filter adapter is not unusual.


My guess is that your driving a GM pick-up of some kind.


If the oil is running out it would be best to have it towed to a shop and repaired.


An engine is a terrible thing to waste.
Clean With Carb Or Brake Cleaner To Make Sure Whats Leakig,Replace Leaking Part
I just went thru this! The lines are pre-formed and snap into the filter housing.These are oil cooler lines that run to the radiator.The best and cheapest fix is to eliminate the housing that the lines snap into. Replacing the lines was a pain in the azz. Next time I will get rid of the housing for sure!
oil line / oil filter your sure?





wipe all parts off near the area





if you know what your doing , try spraying at the area with good and ask your auto part store for sure what to use ie something that will evaporate quickly and not harm other parts to clean with





it maybe other parts related .... regardless ... repair asap





live long
Any competant mechanicaly inclined guy or girl should be able to fix it. it's probably just a blown hose, but if it's specially curved you may hav eto hit the dealership. If it's an older car they may still have the part in stock, or try your local auto chiain store, and have them try to look it up. P.S. As my friend here said,, DO NOT drive the vehicle or even START it untill this problem is fixed, AND the oil level is topped back up to the full mark on the dipstick
just tighten you oil filter up
  • hosting services
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment