Thursday, January 7, 2010

How much is it including labor to fix an oil pan leak, tranny pan leak, and tranny's cap leak?

There was a small oil leak coming from my oil pan. The mechanic (I find to be reliable) said I had 3 problems: Oil pan leak, trann pan leak, and a tranny governor's (spelling?) cap leak. He said the more serious ones were the two tranny ones and including labor and diagnostic he quoted me at $280. He said if I wanted to fix the oil pan/gasket thing leak it was an additional $370 for a total cost of $650. Is that a fair price? I just told him to fix the two tranny problems and that I would take it back there in a couple of weeks. Rip off or no?How much is it including labor to fix an oil pan leak, tranny pan leak, and tranny's cap leak?
Don't be a cheapskate. Get it fixed or you'll need a new engine and a new transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment